2013-06-14

I have found a long term goal anyway.  

Paul Ali tweeted http://www.t184.co.uk/ and this appeals (or appalls) to me as I would like the challenge of running self-supported.  All the planning involved in kit selection and deciding on minimal packing takes me back to when I was an ultra virgin and all of these runs seemed more like expeditions.  

When I did the Round the Rock (RTR) (http://www.roundtherock.co.uk/) I took hardly anything from the checkpoints bar water, having all my favourite nutrition (at the time - this has changed) with me in my OMM 25L pack. 

I'm looking forward to hearing about more details about the T184, like checkpoint mileage and such (like price!), as the race director works it out.  He seems keen to have a runner from Guernsey on board anyway!  I've also passed on the race details to the RTR race director and he may well pass these on to the Jersey ultra runners.  Hopefully I'll be able to use the 5-Islands Ultra as a "training run" if this goes ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment