2013-06-06

So What Next?

I've been feeling a bit flat after completing the GUCR.  I know it's expected but . . .

I've been for a couple of runs and bike rides (MTB and road) and didn't feel particularly tired but I need something to aim for.  There's a Guernsey half-marathon in a couple of weeks which I may enter. I haven't been training for speed so there's no chance of a PB in that or anything . . .

The main thing is, what is the next challenge? I tweeted and Allan Rumbles suggested the Caesers Camp but that doesn't appeal so much.  It's not the distance or the course.  It's not even Henk (perversely I would relish the insults), it's more the returning to the same place and the easy opportunity to give up.

Same thing applies to the Winter 100 I suppose but I'm toying with that one still.

Then came the T184 which I really like the look of.  184 miles unsupported but with an 80 hour cut-off to give a chance to sleep.  Logistically from Guernsey it would need to be worked out but eminently do-able. 

But my wife tells me she wants us to go to Florida then. 

Bugger! So what now?  

Keep looking I guess.  

I enjoyed a self-navigated 34 mile run when the family was at Center Parcs.  I just plotted a route on paths and bridleways etc. using an OS map and did it; refuelling in the towns and villages en route - maybe I could just take myself away and do another of those?

We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment